Welcome to Cooking with Chef Jeff

Hi and welcome to my blog. Here you'll find meal ideas that are made from primarily whole natural foods. I try not to use any sugar or sweetener in any of the recipes. At the bottom of the page, you can see a list of the cookbooks that I use. I do vary some from the cookbooks, usually not a whole lot. Feel free to read along and even post some ideas/comments to help me to improve in the kitchen.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Skillet Stroganoff and Roasted Asparagus



Here's a nice simple recipe for making skillet stroganoff and a side of roasted asparagus. My family loved it.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 pound ground beef (80)
1 medium onion
1 clove garlic
4 oz can of sliced mushrooms (I'm sure fresh would work)
3/4 cup sour cream
1 tsp paprika
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp concentrated beef broth (I used 1/16 tsp of bullion granules)

Directions:
1. In a large skillet, brown the meat and add in the diced onion and garlic.
2. Once everything is browned, add in the mushrooms, worcestershire sauce, paprika, sour cream, and beef broth. I didn't have any concentrated beef broth so I put in 1/16th of a tsp of the granules.
3. Season to taste as it is finishing and enjoy.

Ingredients:
Bunch of Asparagus
Olive Oil
Garlic Powder
Other seasonings you like

Directions
1. Add asparagus to pan.
2. Pour on olive oil and sprinkle on garlic powder to taste.
3. Add on any additional seasonings (we've used different combinations of things like blackened seasoning, seasoned salt, Parmesan cheese, etc).
4. Broil until the asparagus is done, turning the asparagus once about 1o-20 minutes in (depending on thickness of asparagus).

No comments:

Post a Comment