Welcome to Cooking with Chef Jeff

Hi and welcome to my blog. Here you'll find meal ideas that are made from primarily whole natural foods. I try not to use any sugar or sweetener in any of the recipes. At the bottom of the page, you can see a list of the cookbooks that I use. I do vary some from the cookbooks, usually not a whole lot. Feel free to read along and even post some ideas/comments to help me to improve in the kitchen.

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Beef Burgundy



A very simple meal to just throw in the oven and let it cook for a while on it's own.

Ingredients:
1/4 cup olive oil
2 pounds boneless beef cut into 2" squares (I used 1 lb chuck and 1 lb eye of round)
1 cup dry red wine
3/4 tsp guar or xanthan
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp dried oregano
1 large onion, sliced
8 oz mushrooms, chunked if they are large
2 green peppers, sliced or chunked

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 250
2. Put oil in heavy skillet and brown the beef over medium-high heat.
3. Put beef in 2 1/2 quart casserole dish
4. Combine wine and guar/xanthan in a blender for about 10 seconds then pour over beef.
5. Add salt, paprika, oregano, onion, mushrooms, and peppers and stir together.
6. Cover and put in the oven for about 5 hours.

A few things I might change on it would be to cut back on the xanthan, add in some black pepper and garlic. Also, I cooked mine at 300 for 4 1/2 hours and it turned out fine.

This recipe was from Dana Carpenders 500 LC recipe book.

No comments:

Post a Comment