Welcome to Cooking with Chef Jeff

Hi and welcome to my blog. Here you'll find meal ideas that are made from primarily whole natural foods. I try not to use any sugar or sweetener in any of the recipes. At the bottom of the page, you can see a list of the cookbooks that I use. I do vary some from the cookbooks, usually not a whole lot. Feel free to read along and even post some ideas/comments to help me to improve in the kitchen.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Pork Chops and Gorgonzola Butter


Wow. This is a very simple recipe, but the Gorgonzola butter is some of the best butter I have ever had. It would go amazing on any kind of pork, beef, or lamb steak or chop. Just some great flavor.

This recipe is based on one in Gillespie's 501 Recipe book, but is quite different. I used pork chops instead of veal, broiled instead of baked, and Gorgonzola instead of Roquefort cheese. I also changed the ratios up a bit. I'm putting what I used instead of what's in the book.

Ingredients:
8 oz butter (melted)
4 oz Gorgonzola cheese crumbled
1 clove garlic, crushed
Few dashes of Hot Sauce (Tabasco Habanero is what we used)
1/2 bunch parsley, leaves only
8 (4 oz) boneless pork chops
Olive Oil
Seasonings to taste on the pork chops

Butter Directions:
1. Blanch the parsley leaves in boiling water for 5 seconds. Then let refresh in cold water. Dry and then chop coarsely. (I don't know what this step does, but I did it. If anyone can explain, that would be great).
2. Melt butter a bit so it is super soft and and put in the garlic, few drops of the hot sauce (to taste), and 2 oz of the Gorgonzola.
3. Blend until smooth.
4. Mix in the parsley and the rest of the Gorgonzola.
5. I used my blender to re-mix everything. That made the parsley much smaller and the butter a bit smoother, but you don't need to do that, you can just mix by hand.
6. Put in the refrigerator to cool and harden.


Pork Chop Directions:
1. Brush the pork chops with oil on both sides.
2. Season both sides with your choice of seasoning. (My favorite blend is black pepper, garlic powder, seasoned salt, and blackened seasoning. It makes a wonderful combination).
3. Broil on high for about 5-7 minutes per side.
4. Take out the pork chops and let rest for a few minutes.


Serving:
1. Take the pork chops and serve on a plate.
2. Take the Gorgonzola butter and slice off some for each pork chop.
3. Enjoy!!!!

2 comments:

  1. The flash blanch opens up the flavor of the herb, and the cold water stops the cooking process :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And now I know. Thanks for the info.

    :o)

    ReplyDelete