Welcome to Cooking with Chef Jeff
Hi and welcome to my blog. Here you'll find meal ideas that are made from primarily whole natural foods. I try not to use any sugar or sweetener in any of the recipes. At the bottom of the page, you can see a list of the cookbooks that I use. I do vary some from the cookbooks, usually not a whole lot. Feel free to read along and even post some ideas/comments to help me to improve in the kitchen.
Thursday, May 5, 2011
Pork Chops with Mustard Cream Sauce
Here's another very simple recipe that gives your pork chops a little kick.
1 pork chop (approx 1" thick)
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp dry white wine
1 tbsp heavy cream
1 tbsp Dijon or Spicy Brown Mustard
*Note - This recipe is for 1 pork chop. How ever many you are making, just increase the ingredients that amount.
1. Salt and Pepper the pork chop on both sides.
2. Heat oil in skillet over medium heat.
3. Fry the pork chop until they are done and keep warm in a serving dish.
4. Put the wine in the skillet (mix with the oil) and stir off the fried on bits in the bottom of the pan.
5. Stir in the cream and mustard and mix well.
6. Cook for a minute or two and then pour out of the pan.
7. Serve the chops with the sauce poured over the top.
Recipe is from Dana Carpender 500 LC Recipes Cookbook