These are pretty much Russian Shish-ka-bobs, but they were wonderful.
1 1/2 -2 pounds boneless beef sirloin or tenderloin tips
1 large onion coarse grated
1 large onion, cut into 1 inch pieces
6 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup dry red wine
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 bay leaves
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp fresh ground pepper
1 large green pepper (I used red instead)
1. Trim meat into 1 1/2 inch cubes
2. Combine grated onion, garlic, wine, wine vinegar, olive oil, bay leaves, salt, and black pepper in large dish.
3. Add beef and toss to coat beef.
4. Let marinade for 4-8 hours, the longer the better.
5. Assemble Kabobs using marinaded meat, cut onion, and cut pepper.
6. Grill over high heat until done, marinading every few minutes if desired.
This recipe was from Steven Raichlen's Barbecue Bible