Here is one of my first attempts at making pizza burgers. I have a few things I will change, but overall, they were pretty good.
1 1/2 pounds of ground beef
18 slices pepperoni
1 can tomato sauce
2 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp dried minced onions
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1. Mix the garlic powder, dried onions, 1 of the 2 tsp of Italian seasoning, and the tomato sauce together.
2. Mix the other tsp of Italian seasoning into the ground beef. You can also add any binder if you want.
3. Press the ground beef into approximately 12 very thin patties. The thinner and bigger around they are, the better.
4. Lay one slice of pepperoni on each patty.
5. Place about 1 tsp of sauce on top of 6 of the patties.
6. Place the 2nd patty on top of the first, pepperoni side down towards the sauce and press the edges together to seal it so it looks like 1 burger.
7. Broil (or grill) until it is mostly done.
8. After it is almost done on the last side, place one more piece of pepperoni on the top, spoon on a bit more sauce, then cover with cheese and place under the broiler to finish.
I made a couple mistakes this time through. I made the first 12 patties too thick. I need to make them thinner and bigger in diameter. Will try using a plate to press them down flatter next time. I also didn't seal the outside on them well and a lot of the sauce ran out while cooking because about 1/2 of them curled up like 2 burgers stacked on top of each other. Overall it was a good learning experience and I will try them again.
I got the idea for this from the Extreme LC Meals On The Go cookbook but tweaked it quite a bit.