Welcome to Cooking with Chef Jeff

Hi and welcome to my blog. Here you'll find meal ideas that are made from primarily whole natural foods. I try not to use any sugar or sweetener in any of the recipes. At the bottom of the page, you can see a list of the cookbooks that I use. I do vary some from the cookbooks, usually not a whole lot. Feel free to read along and even post some ideas/comments to help me to improve in the kitchen.

Friday, February 10, 2012

Gina's White BBQ Sauce

Here is an excellent white BBQ sauce that I got from a friend who's name is Gina, hence, the name: Gina's White BBQ Sauce.

Ingredients:
1 cup mayo
3 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 tbsp splenda
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp pepper
1/2 tbsp rosemary
1/2 tbsp thyme
1 tbsp garlic

Directions:
1. Mix everything together.
2. Pour over whatever you want to cook and let marinade overnight or all day long.

This is great for food that will be baked, broiled, or grilled. Goes good on chicken, beef, or pork.  It was very good this time, but I will make a few tweaks next time. I cut out the splenda, reduce the thyme and rosemary in half and then add in a few tbsp of Parmesan cheese. Have to make it more "Wisconsin".

In the pictures, below, I have used it to marinade a pork chop that we broiled. In the background on the plate, you can see the Wice A Woni topped with Butter-Browned Almonds.



No comments:

Post a Comment