Welcome to Cooking with Chef Jeff

Hi and welcome to my blog. Here you'll find meal ideas that are made from primarily whole natural foods. I try not to use any sugar or sweetener in any of the recipes. At the bottom of the page, you can see a list of the cookbooks that I use. I do vary some from the cookbooks, usually not a whole lot. Feel free to read along and even post some ideas/comments to help me to improve in the kitchen.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Easy Slow Cooked Ribs

I've added a cooking update to this post here.

*Note - This is a "before" picture, I don't have an "after" one.


This is a very easy recipe for slow cooked ribs in a crock pot. It calls for beef short ribs, but I used St. Louis style pork ribs instead. They turned out fabulous.

Ingredients:
8 oz plain tomato sauce
3/4 cup water
2 tbsp wine or cider vinegar (I used apple cider vinegar)
4 tbsp soy sauce (I used Bragg's Liquid Aminos - I prefer that much more than Soy Sauce)
3-4 pounds ribs
1 large onion

Directions:
1. Mix sauce, water, vinegar, soy sauce.
2. Put Ribs in slow cooker
3. Slice onion and put on top.
4. Pour on the sauce.
5. Cook on low for 7-8 hours.
6. Eat over and over again until they are gone.

From Dana Carpender 500 LC Recipes Cookbook

No comments:

Post a Comment