Welcome to Cooking with Chef Jeff
Hi and welcome to my blog. Here you'll find meal ideas that are made from primarily whole natural foods. I try not to use any sugar or sweetener in any of the recipes. At the bottom of the page, you can see a list of the cookbooks that I use. I do vary some from the cookbooks, usually not a whole lot. Feel free to read along and even post some ideas/comments to help me to improve in the kitchen.
Monday, April 18, 2011
Beef Brisket and Cabbage
Here's a very easy way to make a great tasting beef brisket and cabbage meal. It's a perfect meal if you are busy all day and need a simple meal. Just takes about 10 minutes in the morning and 20 minutes before your dinner.
1 beef brisket
1/2 head cabbage, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 1/2 cups water
1. Take the brisket and put it in a slow cooker on low. We use the seasoning that comes with the brisket but put whatever you want on it.
2. Add the water and chopped onion.
3. Let the brisket slow cook on low for about 8 hours or so.
4. When the brisket is nearing completion, take the 1/2 head of chopped cabbage and saute it in lots of butter.
5. Take out the brisket and let it rest for about 15 minutes as you finish up the cabbage.
6. Slice up the brisket and serve with the cabbage.