Welcome to Cooking with Chef Jeff

Hi and welcome to my blog. Here you'll find meal ideas that are made from primarily whole natural foods. I try not to use any sugar or sweetener in any of the recipes. At the bottom of the page, you can see a list of the cookbooks that I use. I do vary some from the cookbooks, usually not a whole lot. Feel free to read along and even post some ideas/comments to help me to improve in the kitchen.

Monday, February 29, 2016

Easy Rib Tips



So, I have stumbled around trying to find a good way to make some rib tips.  I have tried baking, crock pots, grilling, and even I think an open fire. I've never been able to get a good method for them.  I've also not had a good way to season them.  But, thanks to my good friend Cara in Minneapolis, I now have a wonderful way to make them.  She sent me over her method for making them and it is fantastic.  This works fantastic with a dry rub, but would probably work with sauce too. So, with out further ado, here is one of the easiest ways to make rib tips (and full racks of ribs) I've ever tried.

Ingredients:
A bunch of Ribs or Rib Tips
Seasoning you like
Ice Cubes
Aluminum Foil
A Grill

Directions:
1. Rub the rib tips and let them sit in the fridge all day (6-12 hours)
2. Heat up the grill to about 400 and grill the tips for about 5 minutes per side. Just enough to get a bit of char on the sides.
3. Remove the tips from the grill and wrap them in two layers of heavy duty Aluminium.  Put 3-4 ice cubes on the ribs before wrapping. This helps keep them from drying out.
4. Put the rib packets back on the grill, set the grill to low or indirect heat, and don't touch them for 30 minutes.
5. Flip the packets and leave them there for another 30 minutes.
6. Take the steaming ribs out of the packets and those that you don't eat on the spot, put back on the grill to finish them off. Just a few minutes per side.
7. If you are generous, take them back to the house and share with your family. Otherwise, just hide out in the garage and eat them all.

Other Notes: The rub I used was just some Hungarian Paprika, Cabela's Steak Seasoning, and Stubb's Bar-B-Q rub. Next time I'll add a bit more salt, some cayenne, and maybe some of my secret ingredient. No sugar here.  They are pretty much strictly savory, but they are soooo good!

No comments:

Post a Comment