Bulletproof coffee has been talked about a lot lately. Well, I don't care that much for coffee, so I made my own version with tea and I call it Heavy Tea.
1 Cup of your favorite tea. Black tea works best.
1 Tbsp of Coconut Oil
1 tsp of Unsweetened Cocoa
2 oz of Heavy Whipping Cream
1. Make cup of tea like normal.
2. While tea is brewing, put Coconut Oil and Cocoa into a bigger glass (I use a Pyrex measuring cup).
3. Pour brewed tea on top of the oil and cocoa and start blending with a stick blender. I'm sure pouring it into a traditional blender would work as well.
4. While blending, add in the heavy cream and continue to blend until there is some nice foam at the top.
5. Pour into your favorite mug and enjoy.
There is sooo much you can do with this recipe. I've added butter to it for extra creaminess. The tea you start with also makes a huge difference. I've used a bunch of different teas and it makes each one a unique experience. Everything from Calypso (shown above) to Java Fusion to Fudge Brownie to Black Cherry to Vanilla Mint. I get almost all my tea from Fava Tea. It is an awesome local store but they also sell online. You can add cinnamon to it as well as other flavored syrups if you are so inclined. Some people also add sweeteners, but I haven't used any in almost 6 months and don't miss them at all.