Welcome to Cooking with Chef Jeff

Hi and welcome to my blog. Here you'll find meal ideas that are made from primarily whole natural foods. I try not to use any sugar or sweetener in any of the recipes. At the bottom of the page, you can see a list of the cookbooks that I use. I do vary some from the cookbooks, usually not a whole lot. Feel free to read along and even post some ideas/comments to help me to improve in the kitchen.

Saturday, March 19, 2016

Easy Egg Bake




Here's something that I threw together for breakfast and it turned out very good. I'm not good with amounts, so it's a rough guideline.  Have to cook this one by feel. :o)

Ingredients:
8 eggs
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1 onion
8 pieces of bacon
1 cup of shredded cheese
Butter
Salt
Pepper

Directions:
1. Fry (or bake) the bacon. Keep the strips whole or at least in big chunks.
2. Use the bacon grease and saute the onions and mushrooms. Throw a little butter in there to for good flavor.
3. While the mushrooms and onions are sauteing, combine the eggs, heavy cream, and salt and pepper into the base for the egg bake.
4. Mix in the mushrooms and onions when they are done cooking.
5. Pour the egg bake into a 8 X 11 pan or something that will not be too big.
6. Lay the 8 strips of bacon on top.
7. Cover with the cheese.
8. Bake at 350 for 37 minutes (or until done).
9. Enjoy!

I had mine with hot sauce on top, but you could use salsa or even nothing if you prefer that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment