Welcome to Cooking with Chef Jeff

Hi and welcome to my blog. Here you'll find meal ideas that are made from primarily whole natural foods. I try not to use any sugar or sweetener in any of the recipes. At the bottom of the page, you can see a list of the cookbooks that I use. I do vary some from the cookbooks, usually not a whole lot. Feel free to read along and even post some ideas/comments to help me to improve in the kitchen.

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Cheese Crackers

One of the biggest things I miss was my crunch chips or crackers. So, Cheese Crackers to the rescue. This is amazingly simple but so yummy. Just be careful - you might eat several ounces of cheese without realizing it. To me they taste a lot like a cheese-it cracker, but are great for scooping up dips and sauces.


Ingredients:

1 thin slice of cheddar cheese (Deli sliced cheese works best)

Directions:

1. Put slice of cheese on a piece of parchment paper and microwave for 75 seconds or until the cheese has solidified.
2. Remove from parchment paper and let cool for a minute or two.
3. Enjoy!

It's also fun to play with seasoning. I've tried parmesan cheese sprinkled on top, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper, garlic, and many other ideas. You can also try other cheeses for a different flavor. Pepper jack cheese works great as does mozzarella.

3 comments:

  1. I also love making pepperoni chips. They're great for when the cheese flavor just isn't right for a certain dip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love making pepperoni chips. They're great for when the cheese flavor just isn't right for a certain dip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does sound good. I assume they would be made the same way on parchment paper?

    ReplyDelete