Welcome to Cooking with Chef Jeff

Hi and welcome to my blog. Here you'll find meal ideas that are made from primarily whole natural foods. I try not to use any sugar or sweetener in any of the recipes. At the bottom of the page, you can see a list of the cookbooks that I use. I do vary some from the cookbooks, usually not a whole lot. Feel free to read along and even post some ideas/comments to help me to improve in the kitchen.

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Cooking with Chef Jeff

Well, I've decided to start a blog. Will it end up unused like 90% of the blogs in the blogosphere? Who knows. I'm going to give it a go.

Recently, I have taken over the role of primary cook in our house. There are a few different reasons but the primary two are 1) to help my wife around the house more, and 2) so that I can control my food better.

Our family is going through a change in eating styles to incorporate more whole, fresh foods and to get rid of most pre-packaged, store-bought meals. If it can't be made in a home, odds are for the most part it won't be in the blog here.

I hope to update this blog a few times a week with recipes and pictures of the food I make. Much of what I do is inspired by others as I am very new to the kitchen. Other than the occasional batch of chili, sloppy joes, or some meat on the grill, that I made in the past, I have only been cooking for about 2 months. This will be learning experience for me and any help I can get from anyone reading this will be very helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment