Welcome to Cooking with Chef Jeff
Hi and welcome to my blog. Here you'll find meal ideas that are made from primarily whole natural foods. I try not to use any sugar or sweetener in any of the recipes. At the bottom of the page, you can see a list of the cookbooks that I use. I do vary some from the cookbooks, usually not a whole lot. Feel free to read along and even post some ideas/comments to help me to improve in the kitchen.
Wednesday, March 13, 2013
Stir-Fried Ginger and Brandy Beef
This is a quick, simple stir-fry that turned out to be one of the best ones I have ever made. Next time I will be adding mushrooms and broccoli.
16 oz sirloin steak, slightly frozen
2 inch ginger root, peeled and finely chopped
2 tbsp brandy
1 1/2 tbsp liquid aminos or soy sauce
1 tsp cornstarch
1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp white wine
2 tbsp beef broth
2 scallions, sliced
2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
1. Slice the sirloin steak into thin strips, about 1/4" wide or less and put in a shallow bowl.
2. Add the ginger, brandy, liquid aminos, cornstarch, and pepper and coat the steak.
3. Heat the oil in a wok over high heat until very hot.
4. Add the beef and cook for 1-2 minutes.
5. Add in the wine and beef broth and continue cooking for another 2-3 minutes or until done.
6. Serve immediately and garnish with scallions and cilantro.
This recipe was based on one in the 501 Recipes for Low Carb Life book.