Welcome to Cooking with Chef Jeff

Hi and welcome to my blog. Here you'll find meal ideas that are made from primarily whole natural foods. I try not to use any sugar or sweetener in any of the recipes. At the bottom of the page, you can see a list of the cookbooks that I use. I do vary some from the cookbooks, usually not a whole lot. Feel free to read along and even post some ideas/comments to help me to improve in the kitchen.

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Sesame Crusted Tuna with Wasabi Sauce



It's been a long, busy Summer but I hope to be back cooking and sharing again this Winter.  Tonight was Sesame Crusted Tuna with Wasabi Sauce. It was my first time making this and it was very good. I will add this into my rotation. I had found this recipe online a long time ago and don't know who to credit it to.

Ingredients:

1/2 cup water
3 tablespoons wasabi powder
1/3 cup Braggs Liquid Aminos
3 tablespoons peanut oil
1 tablespoon dry sherry
1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
24 ounces tuna steaks (4-6 oz steaks)
5 tablespoons white and black sesame seeds

Directions:
1. Whisk 1/2 cup water and wasabi powder in medium bowl to form smooth paste. Whisk in soy sauce, 2 tablespoons peanut oil, sherry, and sesame oil and then set aside.
2. Coat each side of the tuna steaks with the sesame seeds.
3. Heat 1 Tablespoon of peanut oil in a heavy skillet over high heat.
4. Add the tuna and sear until opaque in center, about 3 minutes per side.
5. Remove the tuna from skillet and add the sauce to the skillet. Lower heat to simmer and reduce sauce until thick.
6. Pour the sauce over the tuna and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment