Here's an excellent meal that tastes a bit like a combination of chicken taco salad and a kind of soup. Very simple yet tasty.
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2-3 tbsp butter/oil
2 2/3 cups green salsa
1 cup chicken stock
3 garlic cloves, finely diced
3 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 fresh green chili or other pepper
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 cup sour cream
romaine lettuce leaves, shredded
3-5 scallions, finely chopped
coarsely chopped cilantro
salt/pepper to taste
1. Season the chicken w/salt and pepper.
2. Melt butter and/or oil in a large skillet and brown the chicken breasts. Cook until they are browned, but not cooked through as they will finish cooking later in the sauce.
3. Remove chicken from the pan and reserve.
4. Place salsa, stock, garlic, cilantro, chili (or hot peppers), and cumin in a pan and bring to a boil. Quickly reduce to a low simmer and add the chicken back in, spooning the sauce over the chicken.
5. Serve the chicken on a bed of lettuce and topped with sour cream, scallions, and cilantro if desired.
I changed it up a bit and put the scallions in the sauce and didn't top with any scallions or cilantro. Instead, I just topped with sour cream, some chipotle seasoning, mozzarella cheese, and some green Tabasco sauce. The sauce doesn't have much kick, so it could use a bit more.
Recipe was from the Greatest Ever LC Recipe Book. (It's not actually the greatest ever, that's just the name.) :o)